Become An Exemptee
- - Don't get tripped up. - -
Many folks are interested in becoming a California Home Medical Device Retailer (HMDR) Exemptee.
However, it's easy to miss that the application states some minimum requirements about who is qualified to submit an application.
According to the California Application for Home Medical Device Retailer Exemptee License - New and Renewal form, these are the minimum qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma GED or equivalent. Attach copies of any applicable certifications or licenses that you may hold.
- Work Experience: One or more years paid experience, attach dates, name(s) of employer(s), and addresses. Training must have been supervised by a licensed exemptee, Pharmacist-In-Charge or equivalent.
- Training Programs:
- Indicate by yes or no the training you have completed specific to the five topics listed.
- Attach copies of certificates or transcripts.
- Need an Exemptee certification course?
Especially watch out for the Work Experience requirement.